Nathan A. Richards, MA
As a Limited Licensed Professional Counselor, Nathan's goal in the counseling process is to help provide balance, perspective and a new approach to life for clients. To do this he utilizes time-tested therapeutic methods as well as modern approaches to problem management. In addition to exploring client problems through talk therapy, he uses research-based assessments as well as interventions for Trauma (EMDR), all to get to the heart of issues that people are facing.
Marriage counseling is by far his passion. Affair recovery, constant criticism, daily arguments, hurt feelings and other marriage concerns are concepts he engages with on a daily basis with clients and in personal study. A significant element of his work is with those who desire Biblical Integration within their therapy. With a background in Biblical Studies and a graduate counseling degree from Moody Theological Seminary, he provides a blend of therapy and spirituality for clients who value modern counseling methods fused with spirituality that is rooted in their faith tradition.
Finally, Nathan has made it a focus to offer help for individuals whose lives have been damaged by sexual addiction so that they can rebuild connections with God, have meaningful interaction with others, and harmony within themselves.
Reasons clients seek Nathan.
Reasons include but are not limited to:
• Aftermath of an Affair
• Anger Management
• Challenges with a Difficult Spouse
• Decision Making
• Family Issues
• Grief & Loss of loved Ones and Pets
• Love Addiction
• Men’s Issues (father wound, abuse, neglect, anger, low self esteem, sexual problems)
• Separation & Divorce
• Sexual Addiction-Nathan does not offer reparative therapy.
• Spiritual Issues (spiritual abuse, feeling condemned, feeling disconnected from God)
• Stress Management
Education, License, Certifications, & Memberships
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology from Moody Theological Seminary
- Bachelor of Science in Bible and Christian Life from Lancaster Bible College
- Limited Licensed Professional Counselor, LLPC (#6401015493)
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy: trained by Sue Johnson with ICEEFT
- Gottman Method Couples Counseling Level 2
- EMDR trained by the Institute for Creative Mindfulnes-an EMDRIA-Approved Program
- Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist (CSAT)-with International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP)
- SYMBIS-Certified Facilitator for pre-marital preparation
- PREPARE/ENRICH-Certified Facilitator for premarital preparation and marriage counseling
- Member - American Association of Christian Counselors
- Member-American Counsleing Association
- Member-International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy